Saturday, April 10, 2010

Anxious

I am anxiously awaiting my ER this afternoon. I was instructed not to eat or drink anything after midnight last night. The problem with that is my ER isn't until 1:30pm...that's a long time to go with out food or drink!! I wish my retrieval was earlier not only because of the food/drink but the anxiety is killing me. I'm nervous about the IV (last time I had one it hurt), and how I will react to the anesthesia ( never had a problem, but still concerned), and how many eggs I will have. I am a big baby when it comes to medical procedures, which is ironic considering everything I have had to go through for the last two years!!

I have been trying to keep busy as to not make myself crazy. Yesterday I had acupuncture, DH and I spent the day at the park, then we went to dinner with our friends. I started feeling uncomfortable last night at dinner. I barely ate anything because I felt so full like I was getting ready to pop. My stomach is definitely distended from all those follicles and I am wearing only my comfy pants now. I actually slept great last night considering the nervousness of today's events. DH and I are going to see a movie at today @ 10:30am to pass the time and then we will be off to the RE.

I will update tonight or tomorrow depending on how things go!!!

8 comments:

Kacey said...

Same things I worried about. Don't worry, my IV for the retrieval didn't hurt at all! Just know that God is holding your hand today. I will pray that He will use your doctor's hands today as a vessel to do in good works in you! It's happening!

Littlest True Blue said...

Good luck today! Can't wait to hear how many amazing eggies you got!

Erin said...

Good luck! I can't wait to hear how many follicles they get.

Lindsay said...

Good Luck!! Can't wait for an update!

Melissa G said...

Good Luck Jess! Can't wait to hear how everything went!!!

HUGS!

Jenny said...

oh, GLGLGL!

Amy said...

Anxiously awaiting your update! I pray everything went well!

The Swann's said...

Anxiously awaiting your news...... Hope all went well and you're relaxing!