Wednesday, March 31, 2010

1st night of Gonal-F (stims)

Tonight I start stimming with Gonal-F!! I am excited and filled with hope that this is going to work for us. I am also anxious because there are so many big obstacles that we have overcome in the next 2-3 weeks that will determine if this IVF cycle does work.

This is my Gonal-F schedule:
March 31-April 1 - Gonal-F 300 IU's
April 2 - Gonal-F 225 IU's
April 3 - Gonal-F 150 IU's & Menopur 1 vial
April 4 - Gonal-F 150 IU's
April 5 - Gonal-F 75 IU's & Menopur 1 vial
April 6 - Ultrasound & E2


On a different note, I woke this morning in tears. I had a very vivid dream that rocked me to the core....

I was in an airport with DH and some of my family members and we were on our way home from a vacation. I realized that I didn't have a plane ticket. Of course, I freaked out and started to panic. A woman who worked for the airline tried to help me find a flight home but there were none except the onAdd Imagee my family was on which was full! I felt so helpless and scared because I was stranded and had no control over the situation.

All of the sudden I was safe and sound back in my hometown. I was at my grandma's house and my dad standing on the front porch waiting for me. I immediately started crying and hugged him as tight as I could. At that moment I knew everything was OK.

As most of you know, my dad passed away 3 months ago which is why I was overcome with emotion when I woke up...his touch felt so real. I feel like this dream is representative of the helplessness I feel with IF and most recently IVF. It felt like he was telling me "you will be OK and I am here with you through this journey." As strange as this may seem, I really needed to "see" him and feel his presence.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful end to your vivid dream... I'm glad it brought comfort to you. I'll be praying for your progress this cycle---I had my first stim shot of Gonal-F last night as well, so it looks like we'll be going through the IVF process on a similar timeline... keeping thinking positive! Only a few more weeks of it all, and we'll be done with the round. Praying that a baby bless both our lives as the result!

Erin said...

I am so glad he was there to comfort you and he is no doubt looking over you through all of this. Only a few more weeks until you find out your pregnant. How exciting!!

Basic Girl said...

I'm so sorry about your dad, and I'm sure he will be watching over you this cycle!! Isn't it so exciting to get this process started, my first shot is tomorrow and I can hardly wait! I'm so incredibly anxious to see how everything turns out, and hoping for good news for all of us April IVFers!

Holli said...

I'm in tears reading about your dream. I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful and comforting dream, and so timely! I defintely believe that dreams can be very powerful and meaningful. I'm sure he is with you through this journey!

T said...

Oh, I just got chills...and queue tears! Seriously, the flood gates have been opened and no close in sight!
I love this dream and agree with the symbolism. Sounds like you have some angels watching over you. Good luck tonight!

Shannon said...

Your dream gave me chills. I am glad it gave you some comfort!

Melissa G said...

I'm super excited for you getting started on your stims!!!

I am very spiritual, and a big believer that when you see a loved one who's passed, in a dream - it really is their way of reaching out to you. And I think your interpritation is correct: I think he IS there with you, but I also think you are going to be MORE than okay.

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a vivid dream. It gave me goosebumps reading it. But what a wonderful thing it symbolized. I think you are so right--he's really going to be there for you and looking out for you during this process.

Good luck tonight, Jess!

Kacey said...

I'm willing to bet your dad did come to you in your dream!!! How awesome! Just goes to show you that he is still with you every day in spirit.

The Swann's said...

Brought me to tears! I've got no doubt your dad, and mom, are watching over you as you go thru IVF! Such a ride for you... I'll be cheering you on along with everyone else!

Jessica said...

Congrats on the stims...let's get this party started!

Wow, what a scary and sweet dream...I really think that he is watching over you...everything is going to be okay!

J said...

Oh honey, this post brought me to tears...your daddy was definitely speaking out to you and I know he is watching over you right now and so excited about your upcoming IVF. Who knows, maybe he worked out a deal with God? :)