Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Inspiration

I overheard a group of women today talking about their children and how they got pregnant. One women announced that she just found out she was pregnant. At this point I thought about walking away b/c I didn't want to hear her gushing about her good news, but I wouldn't have been able to get far enough away so I just stayed put. She has a 4 year old and has been trying to get pregnant with the second for over 2.5 years!! She was going in for surgery to have her ovary removed because of cysts and she found out she was pregnant. That made me excited for her instead of jealous. She had to go through a lot of heartache just like we have so I was happy for her. Then her other friends started telling their stories of how hard it was for them to get pregnant. One womanl had IVF 3 times and now has 2 beautiful children, and so on. I feel bad saying this but it was nice to hear other women talk about their struggles. I wish these women didn't have to go through the heartache of IF, but hearing their stories gave me hope. It also made me wish that all of us bloggers lived close so we could talk face-to-face about what we are going through.

These women were once in our situation and now they have beautiful children.
We will all be parents someday, it is just taking longer than we had hoped!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's definitely encouraging! and i agree... i wish we were all neighbors!

Crysbena said...

Oh that's good.... I wish there was some sort of support group in my area for opportunities like this. I hope your BFP is right around the corner and I applaud you for your honesty and positivity!

Amy said...

I also love hearing those stories with happy outcomes. It definitely makes you feel more hopeful!

Dianne said...

Oh I know!! It feels like everyone is across the country!!!

Bethany Lenhart said...

It's amazing the stories you can hear once you are going through IF! So encouraging...

Shannon said...

I wish that IF wasnt an issue for anyone. However it makes things a bit easier when I hear of other ppls struggles to conceive and hear their success stories. It really does provide some hope!