Saturday, May 23, 2009

Insight

I am learning to embrace what I do have and not what I don't. It has been hard but I am FINALLY, after a year of TTC, embracing the things I CAN do since I don't have a child.
Just to name a few:

  • DH and I took a half day off of work yesterday and went to a 2pm movie
  • Today we are going to Six Flags to ride the "adult" rollercoasters
  • We travel ALOT!! We just got back from Washington D.C. and are going to the country to relax by the river tomorrow and get some sun. We are also planning a trip to the Caribbean this September for my 30th birthday!!
  • I love/need my sleep......I usually get 9-10 hours a night.
  • We come and go as we please.

Of course I would give ALL this up to have a child, but since I can't right now I am enjoying what I do have. I hope you all have a good Memorial weekend. I will update on tuesday about my ultrasound at the RE.

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a great outlook! I definitely need to do more of those things as well. Enjoy yourself!!

G said...

I was just thinking about that today as DH and I were lazing around watching a movie (ok - we watched 2).

I bet you can't wait for your trip in Sept. How exciting!

Anonymous said...

That's a great way to look at it. I need to do the same. You put it so well. It's not like we wouldn't give it all up in a heartbeat, but we should enjoy it while it is what it is! GL today!