Monday, April 27, 2009

Putting off my life....

That's what I have been doing since we started TTC. I thought, like most of you, that I would have no problems getting pregnant. I have been planning on getting pregnant for a year now, so there are things I have put on the back burner.

The #1 thing is staying in shape!! I usually gain 5lbs or so over the winter and then lose it when spring comes. For most of my life I have been lucky enough to eat whatever I wanted and not have to workout. I am an active person I just don't workout all the time...I go through phases. I am getting ready to turn 30 and have noticed a dramatic halt in my metabolism!! The 5-10lbs I have put on over the last year didn't bother me too much because I just figured I would be pregnant soon and then I could lose it after I had the baby, but as you can see I am STILL not pregnant. I was really banking on being pregnant this summer (AKA: swimsuit season) so I kept putting off getting that "bikini body".

I am not putting my life on hold anymore for infertility!!

So I went out and bought the Jillian Micheals 30 day shred. I started yesterday and my legs felt like jello all day. I woke up this morning and of course my whole body hurt, but I did it again and worked through the pain. I like this DVD because it is only 20 minutes long and it works every part of my body. I hope to see results in 30 days!!!

The other thing I was not doing was getting Lasik on my eyes. I have been wanting to get this for a year now but they told me that my hormones changing during pregnancy might not give me the best results. Well I finally decided to get it done!! It was sooooo worth it. Now I will be able to "see" my baby (whenever that happens) without having to wear glasses.
There are a few other things too like postponing vacations and not decorating the room that is supposed to be the nursery.

I have am not giving into this demon.
I am going to live my life and embrace what I do have and not what I don't.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i totally have done the same thing about getting in shape! i was like, oh, i'm probably going to be pg in the summer, so that's a perfect excuse to not have to wear a swimsuit when we go to the beach w/friends... LOL... yeah, well... not pg! so i'm working on shedding that winter weight as well!

Kristin said...

Thanks for posting this! As we start Cycle 10 I realize how much of this I've been doing too!

Shannon said...

You'll love The Shred, I did all 30 days and really noticed a difference!

And Im so glad you are taking your life back and doing the things you want to do. I got to the point several times during TTC and I can tell you it feels good to say "My life is MINE and I refuse to let TTC define me"

Amy said...

I know exactly what you mean. I think back to last year when we started TTC and everything I did was my "last hurrah". Now I keep finding myself thinking, "I'm supposed to be pregnant right now." (or sadly, "I should have a baby by now.")

On a side note - I am thinking about getting the 30 day shred this summer when I'm off of school. I just know I won't be very good at keeping up with it when I get home, exhausted from work.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I wasn't sure where to respond to your question about Dr. Witten except here. He's got a very dry sense of humor, but is really a great guy. He's been doing this for a long time and all his nurses have been with him just has long. You can tell they all really have a passion about their jobs.

At the first visit you will fill out some history about you and DH (if you haven't already for them), he should do b/w or schedule it based on your CD and review all that's been done already. From there he's recommend what should bring you the best chance of pregnancy!

Hope it goes well!