Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Out of whack

I started spotting AGAIN!!! Since my IVF cycle I feel like I have been spotting constantly!! Here is what has been happening since my April IVF cycle:

  • April 15th - Transferred 2 blasts
  • April 23rd - Confirmed negative betas
  • April 26th - AF shows right on time
  • April 29th - WTF appt., gear up for natural FET
  • May 9th - Cramps & light brown spotting on CD 14-18
  • May 11th - Ultrasound showed NO dominate follicle - anovulatory cycle, FET cancelled
  • May 24th - AF shows right on time
  • May 31st - Yesterday.....
I started having cramps and spotting again.....only 2 days after AF is gone!! Today has been heavier than spotting but nothing like my normal periods. My RE told me sometimes it takes a month or two for your body to get back on track after an IVF cycle.

Have any of you had this type of thing happen to you after an IVF cycle? If so when did your cycles get back to normal?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I am so sorry. What a PITA. I hope the cramping and spotting stop soon so you can get your FET underway.

Dianne said...

so frustrating!!!! sorry I was always irregular!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

I hope your body figures out what it's doing soon. I don't want your June FET to be postponed. Sorry...

TwoDogMama said...

I did IVF #1 in March 09 then since we never transferred any embryos period arrived as normal. Immediately went back on pill for about 6 weeks so I could do IVF #2 at very end of May 09. Since I had no flippin eggs at retrieval I had a period soon after that so early June 09. Then unfortunately nothing. (I was always 24-28 days like clockwork before all of this) Nothing till beginning of August. Unfortunately, again totally out of whack all fall. I would have periods that would come every 15 days, then 35, ugh it was so frustrating. Finally, finally, finally they have regulated themselves in the past 3 months back to 25-28 days. I'm sorry to tell you all of that, but those drugs can do a number on your body. Especially if you do two cycles in such a quick time. I hope that it works itself out for you so you can do the FET in June, but I wanted to tell you my truth.

Nixy said...

Ug. How frustrating! I hope that everything gets worked out soon, because the waiting is definitely the hardest part. I hope that it evens out soon and you get the FET started!